Updated August 2011
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. We will post updated versions of our policy on this page of our website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Individuals may choose to provide personal information (such as name, contact details and payment information) through this website. Here are the ways you may provide the information and the types of information you may submit.
- Online Purchases: To process your purchase, we ask for information such as your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment card information. We use this information to process your purchase, confirm your order and deliver the items to you. If you give us permission, we also may use your contact information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions.
- My Account: You may choose to create an account on aliceandolivia.com in order to store billing and shipping information to utilize for faster checkout. You also may provide your birthday and gender, which we may use to personalize promotional offers if you chose to receive them. You also may create and send your Most Wanted List through your aliceandolivia.com account and can also use it to see the details of past purchases. We never permanently store credit card information. As a result, you do not have the option to save credit card information in your aliceandolivia.com account.
- E-mail Communications: You may sign up to receive electronic newsletters and promotional emails from aliceandolivia.com. To sign up, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, birthday, gender, shopping preferences and email preferences. We use this information to send you communications about our products and services, invitations to specials sales and events at Stores located near you, and notices of new arrivals. We also use this information to tailor our newsletters to reflect your preferences. Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any Alice + Olivia e-mail.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and “web beacons” to obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses aliceandolivia.com. We collect items such as the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet and the pages accessed. We may also track certain information about the identity of the web site you visited immediately before coming to our site. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor our website to our visitors and understand what products and services you might prefer. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
- Surveys, Sweepstakes and Promotions: You may choose to participate in surveys, sweepstakes and other promotions. If you choose to participate in these promotions, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number. We use the information you provide to administer our contests, sweepstakes and other promotions. We also may use the information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions, but only if you have given us your consent to do so.
- Advertisements: We may also work with business partners that use tracking technologies to deliver advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our web site and your interaction with our advertising and other communications.
- Email to a Friend or sharing your Most Wanted List: You may be able to share certain content from this website with your friends. To send information to your friends, we ask for your friends' and your email addresses. We use this information only to fulfill your request. We do not retain the information you provide in connection with these features, except to send the requested content. We will not include any other advertisements within the messages sent to your friends.
- Customer Service: If you communicate our customer service team by email or my phone we may ask you for information such as your name, email address, zip code and telephone number. We use this information to respond to and communicate with you about your questions and comments.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Protecting your information is a priority. We will take reasonable steps to protect the security and integrity of all Personal Information provided to us, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via e-mail. Our customer service team operates over a private, secure network. Please note, however, that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
We use Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology to protect the transmission over the Internet of your payment card data. You can check the security of your connection by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure site, the first characters of the site address change from "http" to "https." If you are using a web browser or firewall that does not permit communications through secure sites, you will not be able to make purchases on our site.
However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. No transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our customers, except as described here. We may share the personal information you provide to us with our affiliates worldwide, licensees and joint venture partners for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
We use the information we collect for various purposes, including:
- to complete your purchase transactions, order returns and credits
- respond to your requests and inquiries
- to provide the services you request
- to keep you informed about the status of your orders
- to notify you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you In addition, we may send you and otherwise correspond with you, about products, services, companies, promotions, contests and events, sponsored by us and others, that we think might interest you
- to notify you of product recalls or provide other information concerning products you have purchased
- to identify your product and service preferences, to improve our merchandise selections, customer service, and overall shopping experience
- to communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means
Service Providers: We also may disclose information to outside companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we may work with an outside company to: (a) manage a database of customer information; (b) assist us in distributing e-mails; (c) assist us with direct marketing and data collection; (d) provide us data storage and analysis; (e) provide fraud prevention; (f) provide customer service by phone; (g) administer surveys, contests or sweepstakes; and (h) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in the agreements
Co-Sponsored Contests, Sweepstakes and Offerings: Some of our contests, sweepstakes and other offerings that we may make available on or through our website or third party provider may be co-sponsored by another company. In those situations, the information we obtain from you in connection with such contest, sweepstake or offering may be shared with our co-sponsor, unless you instruct us not to by following the instructions in the Right to Opt Out section. In those situations, our co-sponsors will have the right to use your information for their own purposes, in accordance with their own policies. We are not responsible for how our co-sponsors may use your information.
Aggregate Statistics: We may disclose aggregate statistics regarding user behavior as a measure of interest in, and use of, the aliceandolivia.com website or marketing vehicles (such as email) to third parties in the form of aggregate data, such as overall patterns or demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user. Aggregate information is non-personally identifiable/anonymous information about you, such as age, gender, types of products purchased, pages you access most frequently or search terms you enter. Aggregate information is used in a collective manner, and no single person can be identified by that compiled information.
Legal Requirements: We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Business Transfer: We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless the customer consents otherwise). Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Notice. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes.
License and Site Access
Alice and Olivia LLC grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Alice and Olivia LLC. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Alice and Olivia LLC. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing Alice and Olivia LLC’s name or trademarks without our express written consent. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Alice and Olivia LLC. You may not use any Alice and Olivia LLC logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio, data compilations, and software, is the property of Alice and Olivia LLC or partners and protected by United States and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of Alice and Olivia LLC or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
The trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names displayed on our website are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Alice and Olivia LLC and/or others and may not be used in connection with products and/or services that are not related to, associated with, or sponsored by their rights holders that are likely to cause customer confusion, or in any manner that disparages or discredits their rights holders. Your misuse of the trademarks displayed on Aliceandolivia.com is strictly prohibited. We will enforce our Trademark rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
This website may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the content of their Web sites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with Alice and Olivia LLC, any use of those sites, or the privacy practices of those sites. You should carefully review their privacy statements and other conditions of use.
Errors and Inaccuracies
We always try to provide complete, accurate, up-to-date information on our web site. Unfortunately, despite those efforts human or technological errors may occur. This site may contain typographical mistakes, inaccuracies, or omissions, some of which may relate to pricing and availability, and some information may not be complete or current. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, including after an order has been submitted, and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. If a product offered by us is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
You warrant and agree that you shall not: (a) impersonate any person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity; (b) upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way exploit any information or material obtained through aliceandolivia.com for commercial purposes; or (c) attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems through aliceandolivia.com. You may not: (i) engage in spidering, "screen scraping," "database scraping," harvesting of e-mail addresses or other contact or personal information, or any other automatic means of obtaining lists of users or other information from or through aliceandolivia.com, including without limitation any information residing on any server or database connected to the aliceandolivia.com; (ii) obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to computer systems, materials or information through any means; (iii) use aliceandolivia.com with the intent to interrupt, damage, disable, overburden, or impair aliceandolivia.com including, without limitation, sending mass unsolicited messages or "flooding" servers with requests; or (iv) use aliceandolivia.com in violation of any applicable law. You further agree that you may not to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, or otherwise alter or interfere with aliceandolivia.com, or any content thereof, or make unauthorized use thereof.
Our web site is not meant for children, and we will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without verified parental consent. We will remove from our files any personally identifiable information of anyone we discover to be under 13 years old. Our online contests or sweepstakes are restricted to entrants who are at least 18 years old.
Disclaimer of Liability
We make no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, with respect to this web site, its content, or the information available on or through it; they are provided "as is," with all faults. Except as otherwise provided under applicable laws, we will not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or related to the use of this web site or any other site linked to it. This limitation of liability applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages you or others may suffer, as well as damages for lost profits, business interruption or the loss of data or information, even if we are notified in advance of the potential for any such damages.
How to Contact Us
Please address any questions or concerns regarding Policies in writing to:
Writing to: Alice and Olivia LLC
Attention: Chief Operating Officer
80 West 40th Street
New York, New York 10018